“GUARANTEED ACCURACY AND UP-TO-DATENESS OF DATA IN INFORMATION SYSTEMS DRAMATICALLY INCREASES ITS VALUE AND USABILITY TO MAINTAIN COMPETITIVENESS AND MAKE CORRECT MANAGERIAL DECISIONS.”
Optimizing the content and structure of the data increases the value of the data to the organization. Proper data storage and management improve the overall efficiency, security, and availability of corporate data.
Opportunities for change:
- Data storage management, backup, data security are implemented exclusively by internal employees, often with limited capacity and financial capabilities
- Comprehensive management of the database with its own capacities and resources can pose significant risks, e.g. in case of unforeseen personnel events, or as a result of natural disasters, etc.
- Organizations have historically stored and managed database through standard types of internal systems and databases; and along with the exponential growth of its volume, costs also increase
- Isolated data management in individual applications causes redundancy of data in multiple systems, databases, network file servers, resulting in low efficiency of data management and processing
- Operational priorities and orientation to insider information are often the cause of unavailable or insufficient data to support decision-making processes and are thus a constraint on managerial decision-making
- Data as corporate assets are used inefficiently from the financial point of view
- The goal is an effectively managed, administered, and secured database, meeting the business needs of the organization and the open technical standards
- Standard services with the required contractual parameters are used for administration and operation, which relieves internal IT of routine operational activities and reduces IT costs
- The organization ensures full ownership of the data and is in full control of its administration